Sunday 2 October 2011

Qwizdom

Today I experienced a new and exciting ICT tool Qwizdom! It is a program and set of contollers that allow any test to become and super cool who wants to be a millionaire tv quiz show! Year 9 students took over my year 8 Inquiry class today as part of their assessment is to teach a group of students about an environmental topic. A large part of the year 9's mark comes from their ability to draft and revise this lesson and improve. My class was the first practice run. One group of boys decided the best way to assess the effectivness of their powerpoint and speech (both of which needed quite a lot of work!) was to do a qwizdom to see how well the class understood. Well the assessment was fun and engaing and allowed students to buzz in their answers on their controller, which then recorded and displayed the statistics of students who got the answers correct and incorrect. Although the lesson may not have been as successful as possible, I was given a great idea for making assessment fun and informative. Who knew that students could love having a test? Next time I yell Pop quiz! maybe I will get a cheer?

No comments:

Post a Comment